Pages

Believe in ......

Imagine the difference to our collective consciousness if we say “Most marriages last a lifetime” rather than “Half of marriages end in divorce.” Shaunti Feldhahn 

BELIEVE in MARRIAGE

According to the Census Bureau (2009), 72% of people are still married to their first spouse. Some of those are widowed. Probably 20-25% of first marriages now end in divorce.

Believing in the viability of a lifetime marriage is a small thing that can make a big impact on our willingness to get married and work to make that marriage succeed.

BELIEVE in GOD

What made young David different that all others who tried to take down Goliath?

What made Joshua and Caleb different from the other 10 when they reported on what they saw in the land God was giving them?


They believed in God’s power and His leading in those situations. Believing in God’s work and His plan for marriage makes an immense impact.

His plan is built on the concept that He meets my needs and I am to give to my spouse. Marriage is about what I can give - not what I can get. When I look to GET from my spouse, I will never be satisfied.

I do not believe one can settle how much we ought to give. I am afraid the only safe rule is to give more than we can spare. C.S. Lewis